Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Green Risotto & Herbed Flatbread

Last night, my brother cooked. He normally does some kind of grilled meat amazingness, but yesterday, he surprised us by going with the vegetarian amazingness that is Spring Green Risotto. He used a bit more leek than the recipe called for and made the risotto how he normally does (?), but otherwise followed the recipe. Here it is in process (and my brother's DSLR camera takes WAY better food pics than my point-&-shoot at home)-


It's a lovely dish, both to look at and to eat!


Paired with some Chicken Wine (technically Rex-Goliath Chardonnay), it makes a delightful dish celebrating spring vegetables.

My brother also was inspired by the Potager Cafe to try some herbed flatbread. He found a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis. At a later date, I'll probably try baking it like the recipe I found for homemade wheat thins to try a crispier texture (a recipe I thought I blogged but didn't, it's added to the list).

For dessert, I made my favorite food, chocolate chip cookies. I cheated. They were from a Betty Crocker mix. They are quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment