Monday, January 4, 2010

Addicted to Complicated

I honestly love complicated, but complicated rarely loves me back. Instead of providing all the happiness & joy that I think complicating life will bring, I typically end up stressed & feeling let down. So I'm trying to break up with complicated in pursuit of a simpler existence of appreciating & adopting a straightforward approach to life.

Somehow, complicating things makes me feel like I'm in control of the situation since I can dictate & adjust attributes of the circumstance. Maybe uncomplication boils down to me letting go of control.

So instead of finding my control through complicating issues, what if I try finding balance? Can I let go of my addiction to adding extraneous details, procedures, rules & endless analyzing? Will I be able to let something go and be able to enjoy experiences under the control of someone else?

Come to think of it, I am most relaxed when on vacation with my family since I implicitly trust my parents to be in control of the situation. They plan everything & I don't really even have the opportunity to complicate things.

So a goal for 2010? Detox from control; find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment