I listed them last Wednesday, and both sold!
Here's some general tips for Craigslist:
- People prefer to buy physically larger items second-hand (probably also because physically larger items cost more new)
- If you include lots of pictures, you don't have to write as much
- Clean your stuff off before taking pictures of it
- If someone responds to your ad saying they want to "check it out" and the item is easily portable, agree to meet at a location you can walk to. It's manipulation really. They might feel slightly guilty that you have to walk the item back, thus they're more likely to buy it right away.
- Remember to remove your listing after the item is sold.
- If you want to protect your identity while corresponding on Craigslist, change your email settings so your full name isn't shown on the to/from line.