So I do recognize that the turn of a calendar can prompt thoughts on life, purpose, goals, and the ever-quickly-passing TIME. Here's a collection of resources I've found lately that can help out some of the most common New Years Resolutions.
Fitness- http://fitbottomedgirls.com. This website gives great reviews on fitness videos, nutrition (Nosh), & apparel/beauty/travel (Posh). Their philosophy is that fitness doesn't have to be hours on cardio machines at the gym, but instead it should be part of a fun, healthy lifestyle. Plus, they have an awesome tagline- "Keeping a lid on the junk in the trunk."
Finances- None of these are get-rich-quick schemes. Here are a few articles from TheStreet about being wise with money.
- 5 Everyday Things You Don't Need
- 5 Expensive Things You Shouldn't Buy
- 10 Reasons You Aren't Rich
- ***10 Commandments for Frugal Living***
- Clean Your Slate from the Everyday Minimalist
- Peace from Becoming Minimalist (it's a Christmas post, but applicable year-round)
Quit Smoking- Check out the CDC article.
And read the article on the 10 Commandments for Frugal Living. It's quite good.