Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cooking for 1: Curried Red Lentil Soup

Nothing like a ridiculous Midwestern snowstorm to start a soup craving! However, soup for one is a bit difficult. Making a pot from scratch usually has about 8 servings & I don't have enough room in my freezer to hold extras. Canned soup is one serving, but doesn't have enough calories to keep me going through the day.

Then last weekend in the health food aisle at my local grocery store, I found a carton of Pacific Natural Curried Red Lentil soup. Although still light on the calories, I figured it'd be easy enough to add a protein & side items to fill it out. Plus, lentils have fiber!

The first evening, I cooked up a tilapia fillet with olive oil, salt, & pepper, put it in a bowl, & poured my soup over it. Deliciousness in less than 15 minutes! Ok, I actually cooked up two fillets & had the same combo for lunch the next day.

Since I still had some soup leftover, I got some chicken poppers from the local convenience store (baked not fried!) & enjoyed those with my soup for two more lunches. And now it's all gone.

I'm excited to try more flavors of soup this brand has!

No comments:

Post a Comment