- What is your current living situation?
Married in an apartment
- What do you think of when you think of "minimalism"?
Getting rid of crap you don't need/want
- What about daily life can be stressful? What do you like about daily life?
Cleaning up clutter around the house/having a lot of things to do making my day really busy to the point of no breathing. Getting a good night's rest the night before and feeling like I have some important tasks to achieve and then feeling good at the end of the day that I achieved all or most of them.
- What are some of your hobbies? Do you collect anything?
Teaching fitness classes/reading/hanging out with friends. And I don't collect anything.
- What are some of your most prized possessions?
My downtime, free time, my husband ;)
- What are one or two things about life you'd like to "minimize"?
I would like to be not so busy but currently I like the things I'm doing and feel like life is for the most part balanced.
- Any other thoughts?
I definitely like the idea of minimizing stuff and living a more simple life. Jeff and I don't have cable or even bunny ears right now. We do have Netflix and I just like not having to HAVE to watch a show at a certain time. It's very freeing. Plus I just think that there isn't much that I want to watch on TV.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Mini Minimalist Interview: Alicia
Today's Mini Minimalist Interview is with Alicia from Kansas City. Alicia and I were born in the same hospital three days apart, met five years later and have been friends ever since! We were roommates for several years recently until she got married: