Sunday, August 1, 2010

Simple Things to Simplify- Airport Security

I could spend several paragraphs whining about the annoyance that is airport security, but I'm sure you've experienced it so I won't waste time. Here are a few suggestions to simplify the process.

To simplify the emotions:
  • Give yourself plenty of time, even if you just hurry up & wait
  • Be positive
  • Be patient
  • Smile even if you don't feel like it
To simplify the process:

Tips on what to wear-
  • Pants that don't require a belt
  • Slip-on shoes
Tips to be speedy-
  • If in doubt about items & carry-on eligibility, check the TSA website while packing
  • Keep your boarding pass & ID handy
  • Get yourself ready before you get in line & while standing in line
  • For example, if you have a belt or pocket items, place them in your carry-on before you get in line
  • More examples: unlace shoes, put jackets in your carry-on, and remove large pieces of metal jewelry
  • Don't even try to get a beverage through. The TSA doesn't care about your hydration. (I carry an empty bottle & refill it once I'm through security. I care about hydration.)
Be prepared, don't be "that guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment