Sunday, July 18, 2010

Homemade Salsa

I love homemade salsa. It's one of those things that just makes me happy. I'm not sure where this "recipe" came from exactly, but I know both my mom & sister do something similar.

Salsa should taste the way you want it to taste, so this set of ingredient guidelines is intended to be tweaked, retweaked, tasted & adjusted. Some people like to use fresh tomatoes (de-seeded), but for me using canned is easier.
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1/3 to 1/2 onion (1/2 if you like the onion-y flavor of Carlos O'Kelly's salsa)
  • 1/4 to 1 jalapeno, de-seeded unless you want a huge kick
  • 1-2 gloves garlic
  • cilantro to taste (I use about 1/2 a bunch)
  • lime juice to taste
  • salt to taste
Easy way: If you're not a huge fan of chopping everything into little bits, put everything together in a food processor & process until everything is chopped up & it looks like salsa.

Hard way or if you want chunky salsa: Chop everything up yourself.

Taste, adjust flavors & enjoy!

Here's my work in progress. Ok, I actually just wanted to show off my red food processor.


And the final product. It's really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment