Monday, April 30, 2012

Mini Minimalist Interview: Alicia

Today's Mini Minimalist Interview is with Alicia from Kansas City. Alicia and I were born in the same hospital three days apart, met five years later and have been friends ever since! We were roommates for several years recently until she got married:
  1. What is your current living situation?
    Married in an apartment

  2. What do you think of when you think of "minimalism"?
    Getting rid of crap you don't need/want

  3. What about daily life can be stressful? What do you like about daily life?
    Cleaning up clutter around the house/having a lot of things to do making my day really busy to the point of no breathing. Getting a good night's rest the night before and feeling like I have some important tasks to achieve and then feeling good at the end of the day that I achieved all or most of them.

  4. What are some of your hobbies? Do you collect anything?
    Teaching fitness classes/reading/hanging out with friends. And I don't collect anything.

  5. What are some of your most prized possessions?
    My downtime, free time, my husband ;)

  6. What are one or two things about life you'd like to "minimize"?
    I would like to be not so busy but currently I like the things I'm doing and feel like life is for the most part balanced.

  7. Any other thoughts?
    I definitely like the idea of minimizing stuff and living a more simple life. Jeff and I don't have cable or even bunny ears right now. We do have Netflix and I just like not having to HAVE to watch a show at a certain time. It's very freeing. Plus I just think that there isn't much that I want to watch on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment